Submitted about 2 years ago
* Updated resumé on personal blog site
* Studied for interview prep & practiced interview questions
Part of being ready to do development full-time is being ready to interview! While I really enjoy writing code, learning about more basic computer science and object-oriented design concepts will come in handy in the future. Plus, one of the most important parts of being a developer is being able to communicate about code and computer science concepts with others, so this interview prep is helpful for that reason too. Plus, I'll need to be prepared to interview so that I can even get a job doing development full-time!
Concepts I reviewed include:
* big O notation
* stacks vs. heaps vs. queues
* principles of object-oriented design (abstraction, polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, error handling)
* SOLID principles
* interpreted vs. compiled languages
I also updated my resumé to reflect that I'm learning PHP.
I'm a bit behind where I should be on the 144HoursOfCode challenge, but life happens and I'm still sticking with it! I'll just finish a bit later than I would have if I'd stuck to 12 hours a week for all 12 weeks. Today's work puts me at 122 hours and about 85% complete.